I never thought cauliflower could taste this yummy!!! 😋😋😋This recipe is very simple to make and the ingredients required are allways available in my kitchen… besides a fresh head of cauliflower.
You can serve these buffalo cauliflower bites with a dipping sauce as party food or add them to a bowl of mixed salad items or as the main ingredient in tacos.
One of the secrets here is to leave the cauliflower florets large. Otherwise, while in the oven they will easily turn mushy and will not be as enjoyable.
These cauliflower bites are best served hot, fresh from the oven. Over time, they tend to lose their crispy exterior. However, if you have any leftovers, you can warm them up in a non-stick pan or in the oven for a couple of minutes until they turn crispy again.
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower
Hot and spicy cauliflower bites, great as a snack, in salad bowls or tacos
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into large florets
- 100g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 180g oat milk
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Prepare a baking sheet lined with baking paper or a silicone mat.
- Cut the cauliflower head into bite size florets. (Do not throw away the stem… save it and add it to the next soup you are making).
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, paprika, black pepper and salt. Stir in the oat milk to form a batter.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cover them in the batter. Place on a baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes until the florets are softer.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, in a small bowl combine the sriracha, olive oil and agave syrup.
- Once the cauliflower is ready, take them out and brush them with the hot sauce mixture. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower starts to charr on top.
- Serve in tortilla wraps or tacos with your favourite toppings.