For most of us, Christmas is the season to eat and indulge. We tend to eat more than usual and when the new year starts, we are all trying to switch our lifestyle and keep away from the sweets and delicious stuff.
After some research and going through my existing trustworthy recipes, I came up with the below recipe for decadent chocolate muffins. Besides being very chocolatey and obviously super delicious, these muffins are light and airy and with added protein due to the addition of Greek yoghurt into the batter. I have also used a mixture of wholemeal and all purpose flour. If you prefer, you may also add some chocolate chips for extra texture and more chocolatiness.
These chocolate muffins are simple and easy to prepare and I am sure they will be enjoyed by everyone you share them with. I decided to decorate mine with a simple white chocolate ganache and dressed them for the festive season with homemade holly decorations. However, this is totally optional and can be decorated (or not!) according to your particular occasion.
May the New Year bring you and your loved ones all the happiness, love, health, peace and success! ❤️✨🎆
'Healthy' Chocolate Muffins
A decadent chocolate muffin ideal for every occasion.
- 120g wholemeal flour
- 150g all purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 100g unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 65g mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 430g Greek yoghurt
- 120g dark brown sugar
- 95g honey
- 180g milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract For decoration:
- White chocolate ganache
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare the muffin tins and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the wholemeal flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, beat together the Greek yoghurt, brown sugar, honey, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.