I recently posted the recipe for Oat and Ginger cookies, however I understand that ginger does not appeal to everyone. I have another favourite cookie recipe, one that includes chocolate… I am sure most of you reading this like chocolate. 🙂
It is easy to see why this cookie is another favourite of ours. It is full of flavour, crunchy and chewy at the same time, and very floral. The floral notes come from the cardamom seeds. I am using green cardamom pods here and grinding the seeds myself using a mortar and pestle. I find that their flavour is much more pungent and intense than the readily ground cardamom seeds.
In this recipe I am using dark chocolate chips. However, these can be substituted by milk or white chocolate or a mixture of all three if you fancy. I have tried these with milk chocolate and they were very tasty just as well. White chocolate and cranberries, on the other hand, are a classic combo and therefore I am sure that they will also be delicious. I leave it up to you to choose your favourite type of chocolate here. 🙂
When I make these cookies, I find that they are even better the next day. The flavours mingle together even further and the cookie has a better bite.
This is another easy recipe, which does not take a lot of time to make. And the best thing… you will end up with a delicious cookie, much better than the store bought ones!
I hope you enjoy baking these cookies and sharing them with your family/friends… or maybe eating them just by yourself because they are too good to share! 😀
[recipe title=”Chocolate Cranberry Cookies” servings=”14 cookies” time=”30mins” difficulty=”easy” image=”https://www.kitchenvoyage.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/chococranberrycookies.jpg” description=”A flavourful cookie which is crunchy and chewy at the same time”]
– 100g all-purpose flour
– 70g granulated sugar
– 1 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp ground cardamom seeds
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 55g unsalted butter, melted
– 60g milk
– 55g rolled oats
– 75g dark chocolate chips
– 50g dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line the baking sheets with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, cardamom and salt together.
3. Add in the melted butter and milk.
4. Fold in the oats, chocolate chips and cranberries. Be careful not to over-mix the batter.
5. Taking a spoonful at a time, roll the dough into a small ball and place them on the baking paper about 2 inches apart. The cookies will spread as they bake.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown. Leave them on the baking sheet to cool slightly and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.