It’s the season for berries and cherries and an abundance of these amazing fruits means you need to make sure they are put to good use. They are great raw, straight off the tree (or out of the box) or in a fruit salad, but if you are looking for something different, give this muffin recipe a try.
Both cherries and raspberries are a good source of Vitamin C and Dietary Fibre. The recipe I used here substitutes butter with coconut oil and natural white yoghurt. This puts them more on the healthier side of the naughty stuff 🙂
In this recipe, I used cherries and raspberries because they were the most tempting at the market. However, you can also choose to substitute them with strawberries, which go very well with dark chocolate.
This recipe is very easy to make, delicious and you will definitely impress your guests 🙂
- 260g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g dark chocolate chips
- 225g cherries, pitted and chopped
- 125g raspberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 100g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g natural yoghurt
- 80ml coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips, berries and cherries.
- In another bowl, beat together the oil, eggs, yoghurt, sugar and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
6 Comments Add yours
These look amazing!!
Thank you! ☺
Hi Marica, the recipe sounds delicious, I think I will try it in the weekend 🙂 just a few questions: if I don’t want to make them that healthy, I just leave out the coconut oil and joghurt? How much butter then? And how many muffins can I make from the above mentioned recipe? Thanks!!
Hi Julia! With this recipe I made 12 muffins. You can substitute the coconut oil and yogurt with 60g unsalted butter and 120ml whole milk. However, I have never tried this combination myself for these muffins. They probably taste delicious 🙂 I would appreciate if you would tell me how it goes. Good luck! 🙂
These look delicious ☺️
Thanks @ionabackpack ! They are really delicious 🙂