I have been testing out various sweet recipes recently, which obviously meant that we have had to eat all of these experiments! After having finished off these sweets, we felt it would be healthier to stay away from the sugars and fats for a while. Still, after eating so many delicious things over the previous days, we found ourselves craving something sweet after our dinner.
Instead I decided to prepare these cranberry cashew bites. I always have a couple of different packets of nuts and dried fruits at home as they are great to add to morning smoothies, salads and other meals. I decided to whizz up something to satiate our cravings using just these healthy ingredients I had available in my cupboards.
The main ingredients for this recipe are cashew nuts and cranberries. The cranberries help to bind the other dry ingredients together. I also included a couple of dates, which also help to bind the mixture. There is no added sugar in these treats as I think the dates and cranberries added enough sweetness to the mixture. However, if you really have a sweet tooth, you can always add a tablespoon of honey, agave syrup or maple syrup.
You do not need to spend hours in the kitchen to prepare these delicious treats. No need to bake either! These are great as a snack or dessert too. Take them to your next picnic or give them out to your friends as a small gift and I am sure everyone will be happy! 😀
These cranberry cashew bites are gluten free, raw, vegetarian and vegan friendly.
[recipe title=”Cranberry Cashew Bites” servings=”15″ time=”45mins” difficulty=”easy” image=”https://www.kitchenvoyage.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/cranberrycashewbites2.jpg” description=”Sweet and healthy treats “]
– 140g cashew nuts
– 50g rolled oats
– 15g unsweetened cocoa powder
– Pinch of salt
– 120g cranberries
– 10 pitted dates
– 2-3 tbsp water
1. In a food processor, combine the cashew nuts, oats, cocoa powder and salt together and process them until they are finely ground.
2. Add the cranberries and dates and process to form a thick crumbly mixture. Add the water to combine and form a dough.
3. Take 1.5-2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball in your hands. Place it on a baking paper on a tray. Repeat with the remaining dough.
4. Place the tray into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.