Has anyone ever said no to chocolate chip cookies? 🍪🍪🍪Everybody loves these cookies, especially when these are on the healthier side but are still decadent and rich!
The perfect chocolate chip cookie should be crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Another key aspect here is a good ratio of chocolate chips. I like to buy a big bar of good chocolate and chop it up myself rather than buying it in chips/drops form. I find that it gives a gooier texture when eaten warm and you will also have a better distribution of small and bigger pieces with the entire cookie dough.
These are the best chocolate chip cookies that you are going to bake 🍪🍪🍪They are so simple and easy to whip up in a very short time. Moreover, there is no need for special equipment… all you need is just a mixing bowl and a spatula!
This chocolate chip cookie dough can be made in advance, split into cookie portions and placed in the freezer. I suggest you double the recipe and when you feel like having a cookie, you will find the cookie dough ready. Just pop it in the oven and bake! 😀 Place the frozen cookie balls on a preheated baking sheet in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
I am grinding some wholegrain rolled oats myself using a spice blender. Otherwise you can get hold of some oat flour. This makes these cookies gluten free. If using the appropriate chocolate and milk, these cookies can also be suitable for vegan diet.
I find that this recipe is a healthier alternative to the store-bought chocolate chip cookie options available. I am using wholegrain oats as well as there is no butter, oil or eggs in this recipe.
They are soooo delicious! I hope you give them a try because they are truly worth it! 😃😃😃
Gluten-free Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
A very chocolate-y cookie with a crispy outside and soft, chewy and gooey centre
- 150g oat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 40g dark brown sugar
- 40g caster sugar
- 40g chopped walnuts (optional)
- 75g dark chocolate chips*
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4-6 tbsp milk of your choice**
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, sugars, walnuts and most of the chocolate chips (reserve some for the topping).
- Add the milk and vanilla extract to the dry mixture and combine until a cookie dough is formed. Start with 4 tablespoons of milk and then add gradually according to need.
- Divide the mixture into 8 balls (roughly 50g each), slightly flatten them and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper/ silicone mat. Optional: top with more chocolate chunks!
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least 5 minutes until preheating the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top.
- Take them out and let them rest for at least 10 minutes before digging in.
*You can also use a bar of good quality chocolate and roughly chop it up into pieces. Use the appropriate chocolate for vegan cookies.
**Both diary milk and unsweetened oat milk have been tested in this recipe and both work really well.