How many times did you wish you had something healthy to snack on in between meals that was super delicious? Here is your new favourite!
I always try to plan my meals in advance to make sure that I do not end up snacking on food which is not that healthy. When I am at home for a couple of days in a row, I like to prepare some dips, which I can easily spread on my homemade bread or dip some crudités in.
One of my favourite snacks is this Red lentil dip. It is definitely a flavour explosion with a couple of powerful ingredients. It is very easy and simple to prepare.
Red Lentil Dip
A healthy snack ideal for a light lunch
- 200g red lentils
- 500g vegetable stock
- 100g sundried tomatoes
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tbsp Sriracha (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh cilantro, to taste
- Salt and fresh pepper
- More olive oil, to taste
- Cook lentils in vegetable stock until all liquid is absorbed. Lentils should be a bit overcooked to enhance the smoothness of the dip.
- In a food processor, combine the cooked lentils, sundried tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, Sriracha, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth and drizzle with more olive oil if necessary. You may add some water to thin out the dip with until it reaches desired consistency.
- Serve garnished with olive oil and additional cilantro if desired.