I love sweet potatoes. Apart from being delicious, they are nutritious, versatile and relatively inexpensive. I usually like to use them for fries, instead of ‘normal’ potatoes.
Last week I tried something different, which was very easy to make and yet soo yummy! I call it the Sweet Potato Boat! 🙂
Ingredients (serves 2):
- Large Sweet potato (or 2 medium – approx. 600g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- 1 spring onion
- 3 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Here’s what you need to do…
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Scrub the sweet potato and pat it dry. Using a fork, prick the sweet potato all over. Coat it with olive oil and pop it on a baking dish and into the oven. Bake until it becomes soft all the way through (usually 45-60 minutes).
- When the potato is almost ready, saute the spinach. In a large pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and add the spring onion and garlic. Once fragrant, add the spinach, season with salt and pepper and saute until the spinach is wilted.
- Once the potato is ready, carefully cut through from top to bottom. Using a fork, mash the inside of the potato, adding butter, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the potato with the spinach and top with the cranberries.
And here how it looks…
I served mine with some feta cheese. I find it adds a nice touch with its saltiness. You can also add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or nuts for extra crunch.
I hope you like this recipe and will give it a try! If you do, let me know in the comments below! 🙂